During the Bar Rescue makeover, Jon Taffer decided to keep the name of Summit House. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Summit House since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar (All reviews are post-Bar Rescue):
- "We were tired, hungry, and desperate for a cold one. This place solved all our problems in one spot!!Josh, the owner, made it a point to take great care of us when we walked in at an off time...Add to the great food an awesome beer menu and you're off to the races! We left satiated, happy, and we will be back."
- "Summit House is a place to go for after boarding/skiing or the type of joint you go to with a few friends when you want a few beers and a decent meal without busting your wallet. Come here with a patient mind and enjoy some beer while your food is prepared."
- "First time in. Nice people, good beer selection. And, the food was yummy. We will be back. Thanks y'all."
- "Summit House is a great locally owned place in contrast with it's overcrowded chain restaurant neighborhood....This is my go-to spot when I am not sure what I want to eat or in the mood for. I know it will end up hitting the spot!"
- "I recommend this one. The lunch selection was superb as was the drink selection. I'm leaving full... but I'll be back when I can."
- "Not a great experience. The fish and chips were mushy. ..manager said they were probably not cooked right. I got the firehouse burger made with buffalo, but a little too many jalapenos for me. ..and then the fries were overly spiced so no break from the heat which is fine if that it's what you like. Beer was good."
- "Strange experience. Food was good. Service was alright. But I watched who I can only imagine was the manager go behind the bar and make himself a cocktail, then bring it to the back, then later pour a beer for a guy working on the line in the kitchen and hand it to him (Open kitchen). Very unprofessional!!! Instead of getting him and his staff drunk he should have been helping the staff. We waited 15 minutes for a beer."
- "Quite the disappointment. Burger tasted like a frozen patty & was over-cooked but still managed to come out cold - not even sure how they do that. Fries and ham & cheese were also cold. Service was friendly and decent until the end when I actually had to hunt the guy down to pay. They had about a dozen taps which is below average for tap houses in our beer-heaven area."
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in August 2016.
- Here are two preview videos of the episode from the Spike TV website - Video 1, Video 2
- Here is the Summit House website.
- Summit House had a Facebook Page, but it looks like they have taken it down.
- There are over 125 Yelp reviews with a 3-star average for Summit House, so it appears a lot of people go there.
- In December 2016, Summit House failed a restaurant inspection with 14 critical violations including, "moldy lemons, employees washing hands for 5 seconds, no soap at the hand sink, and employees were ordered to clean a dish machine, pizza ovens and walls." (Link)
- According to this article, Josh and Alexia also own another bar/restaurant called Rox Bar & Grill. Here is the website for that restaurant. It appears their Facebook Page has also been taken down. Here are the Yelp Reviews for Rox Bar & Grill.
Summit House Grill and Tap kept the name of their bar after Bar Rescue visited. The reviews of the bar are mixed with people liking the atmosphere and beer selection, but there are a few complaints about the food. It seems that owners Josh and Alexia own another bar in Colorado, so we will see if that is mentioned on the show.
Summit House has taken down its Facebook Page, but I am not sure the reasoning or if is in preparation for appearing on Bar Rescue. Also a few months after the Bar Rescue makeover, Summit House failed a restaurant inspection with 14 critical violations including moldy lemons.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Updates page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.