During the Bar Rescue makeover, Myerz Pourhouse was renamed to The Study Lounge and they have kept the new name of the bar. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for The Study Lounge since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar (All reviews are post-Bar Rescue):
- "I've been coming here for about a year now and even before the bar rescue the atmosphere and staff are always great; very friendly and service always on point...This is a great local bar I'd recommend it to anyone."
- "Small little bar,I like to go in the mornings since I work night shift and the people are always friendly as well as the the staff. Cute blond girl bartender has been there my last 5 trips and always has a great attitude and does a great job."
- "The Study Lounge has a good vibe, a cool jukebox, nice tall boy tables/stools and a totally new look that our group likes. Pool tables are totally updated."
- "You can put lipstick on a pig..... This is the same old Pour House, just with books on the wall. We walked in on a Saturday evening and the place was about half full of elderly people and bikers. Not exactly the clientele that the theme suggested."
- "First of all, there is not another bar within a 2-mile radius of here, so even before "Bar Rescue" showed up this place was usually relatively busy at all hours. Second, this area of El Cajon is mostly populated by rednecks, cowboys, and desert rats, and the overwhelming drinks of choice are beers and shots....I used to go to the Pour House once a week or so, but now this place is too dark, pretentious and expensive. I'll find another local watering hole without the library vibe."
- "Can't wait to see the episode of Bar Rescue this place was featured in, so I can see the logic that John Taffer used when coming up with the new name and theme of this bar. I live pretty close to this bar and I grew up in El Cajon and the new theme seems more suited for a college town bar than a blue collar location."
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in May 2015.
- Here is a preview video of the episode from the Spike TV website with 2 podcasters doing recon.
- Here is The Study Lounge Facebook Page run by the bar, which is starting to post more frequently. And here is another The Study Lounge Facebook Page, which also has up-to-date posts.
- Here is a Study Lounge Facebook Page, which is just a page where people check-in and is not run by the bar.
- The bar has changed names a lot in the past few years with names such as KC's Cocktails, Plum Crazy East, Myerz Pourhouse, and now The Study Lounge.
- On the Facebook Page of The Study Lounge, they seem happy with the makeover and right after the makeover said, "Yup, it really happened!!! Not going to change a thing. If I do, it won't be until they play the Episode at least."
- Most of the people appearing on the show are tagged in this Facebook post if you are interested in them.
- Here are the old Myers Pourhouse reviews and the old KC's Cocktails reviews which all seem to say they are a dive bar with cheap beers.
- I couldn't find anything online about the bar being haunted or a ghost being there, so I'm not sure if that was just for the show or if it is only known by employees.
The bar has kept the name of The Study Lounge and said they would keep it at least until after Bar Rescue aired. The reviews since the makeover are mixed with some people saying the concept of The Study Lounge doesn't fit with the area and the clientele. Also there isn't really anything online that says the bar is haunted.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.