During the Bar Rescue makeover, Friar Tuck's was renamed to Stein Haus Brau & Brats, which has a German theme most likely due to the castle exterior. The bar has kept the name of Stein Haus Brau & Brats. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Stein Haus Brau & Brats since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar:
- "Cool local place, great German brews, and a nice Brat to boot. Two pool tables and plenty of monitors with sports make this place a local winner. Best of luck to you guys."
- "First time I had been since the makeover.....much better!! Food looked good and next time I will plan to eat there. Staff was friendly along with the small crowd....I really liked the decor....dark wood tables and chairs. Good job!!!!"
- "Much better than before. Different crowd. Better beer selection. Would be better with more craft beers on tap. Didnt try the food got here after 12. Cool band playing tonight...Stoked for the future of this place!"
- "Nice change! Inside is really cool looking now. No more mismatched broken tile. Seams like a new crowd in here. New faces, they must be drawing in lot's of new people...it seems like everyone loves the food who is eating in here."
- "Stein Haus Brau & Brats has done a good job cleaning up Friar Tucks and still has that home feel to it! They also have a awesome DJ that plays everything and well!"
- "Great service! The drinks are tasty and the food is delicious! I found the bartenders to be very friendly. My wife had the German heff and pork schnitzel sandwich and I had a cold stein of Ludwig and the beer poached bratwurst. Great atmosphere. Definately going back."
- "I came here at about 8 pm on a weekday night. I was hungry and looking forward to trying their German food...The menu seemed very limited, but there was a brat sandwich. Figuring that was the signature dish I asked the bartender for one. "The cooks gone home. We are not serving food."...If you want a dive beer bar, it might be worth a try."
- "Pot holes, pot holes, pot holes! Did Bar Rescue quit the renovation midway through? That can be the only explanation for old Friar Tuck's turning into Stein Haus and still not fixing the awful pot holes laden through the parking lot."
- "I like the color brown, heck I am brown, that being said wtf is up with the entire inside and outside painted dookie brown? Were no other colors available at the Home Depot?..Another confusing thing is the place is called Stein Haus but yet only pints and pitchers served? No liters served like other traditional German/Oktoberfest type restaurants. The food is really good, the braut was tasty. Also, make sure you have plenty of air in your tires before you come because there are potholes in the parking lot that are bigger than craters on the moon."
- "Female bartender less then friendly, didn't get a chance to look at the bar/app flyer, didn't get informed about any promoted drinks. Sad to say the problem with this place is regulars and staff, because this place wants to be awesome and packed, but as I said before it didn't seem inviting."
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in December of 2014.
- Here are two preview videos of the episode from the Spike TV website:Video 1 (Intro), Video 2 (Recon)
- Here is the Stein Haus Brau & Brats Facebook page, and here is the old Friar Tuck's Facebook page.
- Here is the Stein Haus website, which is just a food and drink menu.
- Here are the Facebook pages of Sami (GM), Trista (Bartender), and Lonnie (Bartender)
- Here are some reviews of Friar Tuck's before the makeover, which aren't too bad.
- Here is an article about the makeover, which gives some background on the building and the bar. GM Sami is quoted as saying, "With the new look, the new name, the new brand, we want to upgrade. We want a better clientele that can appreciate the food and the atmosphere.”
- The author of that article also reviewed the food on a blog post and said he was pleasantly surprised with it.
Stein Haus Brau & Brats has kept the name given to them by Bar Rescue and they seem happy with the makeover. The reviews of the bar since the makeover have been mostly positive with people complementing the interior, the food, the better crowd, and the service. There are a few negative reviews, which complained about service and the large pot holes in the parking lot that are still there.
UPDATE - Stein Haus closed in November 2015 - More info on the closure.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.