During the Bar Rescue makeover, The Holding Company was renamed to the Patriot House. They have kept the name of the bar and still go by Patriot House. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for the Patriot House since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar:
- "Came in here last Friday to watch some March Madness. New owners must be doing something right the place was packed. Thankfully they had a TV outside on the patio. Score!...Service was swift and food was good...Bottom line is that the grub hit the spot, folks are super friendly and prices are decent for FiDi."
- "I hadn't been here in a while, and now i've been twice in the past week. I love the subtle but definite new changes. The place has life in it again!.... it felt like they kept the charm, and warmth of the old fashioned feel, but just gave the menu, service, and ambience a much needed update!"
- "We had a corporate dinner and I have to say I was completely impressed. From the very attentive service (from cocktails all the way through the end) to the food. Everything was spot on."
- "Great food, great service and a new look! Patriot House is a staple for Happy Hour in FiDi. Great for any game or a bite to eat!"
- "The new Patriot House is great for watching sports! We came here to watch a Warriors game, and the place was packed. We still got a seat, they have tvs everywhere in the bar and restaurant so you can sit pretty much anywhere."
- "Great food great service and atmosphere! So busy for happy hour and big parties! Def stop by for a tasty cocktail if your in the FiDi"
- "Well Bar Rescue, you have managed to mess up yet another decent bar. Patriot House, formerly known as Holding Company, is a sad excuse for a bar in the Financial District. A patriot house theme is probably the worst theme you could pick for this neighborhood - the FiDi is swarming with young professionals...First off, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU TAKE FLAT SCREENS OUT OF A BAR?!..Second, bring back the old menu with the old recipes..Third, seriously get rid of that UGLY 1776 sign... Fourth, if you are going to remodel, for god's sake at least change the faulty lighting in the corner by the bar....Sixth, get rid of those stupid barrel tables. Have you tried sitting at them?"
- "I wish I could give this place a zero star review. They charge $10 for a shot of Jameson here. Bar Rescue was not enough. They also charged me and my colleagues full price for beers during happy hour"
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in January of 2015.
- When Bar Rescue was casting in San Francisco, they were calling all kinds of bars, including successful ones to try to get them to be on the show according to this article.
- Here are two preview videos of the episode from the Spike TV website - Video 1, Video 2
- Here is the Patriot House Facebook Page, and the old The Holding Company Facebook Page.
- The bar recently had its 1-year anniversary party where they gave away a $1,000 bar tab as a prize. (Link)
- Here is the Patriot House website that has a menu with food and drinks. Here is The Holding Company website that has all Patriot House information.
- Owner Marissa Browne was quoted in a local article saying, "It was so worth doing the show. We had such a good time doing it. I feel like they gave us direction. I feel like I have a brand new business. I feel refreshed"
- Marissa Browne also owns another bar in San Francisco called the Napper Tandy, which seems to be popular and has good reviews. (Link)
- Here are the Facebook pages of the sisters Marissa, Danielle, Leona, and Natalie
- Many people commenting on the articles about the makeover seem to thing the Patriot House theme is strange for San Francisco and that it belongs somewhere like Boston or the East Coast and not in San Francisco.
The bar has kept the name of the Patriot House and has been getting mostly positive reviews. People like the food, service, and atmosphere and multiple reviews said the place was packed. There was a negative review complaining about no TVs, but it appears all of the TVs are back as other people say it is a great place to watch sports. Also, some people think the Patriot House theme is confusing for San Francisco and belongs on the East Coast.
The reviews of The Holding Company were not bad before Bar Rescue came and it ran successfully for 40 years before the sisters bought it. With Bar Rescue contacting many bars in San Francisco to be on the show, who knows if The Holding Company was actually struggling. Also Marissa Browne owns another bar (which seems to be successful), and the Patriot House recently gave away a $1,000 tab as a prize which doesn't indicate a lot of struggle.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.
*If you didn't see, Piratz Tavern from Bar Rescue announced this week that they will be closing.