During the Bar Rescue makeover, Los Angeles Brewing Company's name didn't change much as the signs that Bar Rescue put up now say LABREWCO. They seem to be going by LA Brew Co, but still have a Los Angeles Brewing Company website and Facebook page. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Los Angeles Brewing Company/LA Brew Co. since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar:
- "This place has so much potential, it is pretty spacious, but needs more attention from the owner. The ladies bathroom was nice but dirty. There are dead spaces throughout the place with stuff mounted on each other. The drapery needs cleaning or updating.. More attention to small details will make such a big difference to the ambiance.. Overall I had a great time. I will try Saturday night again.. You should too!!"
- "Place is super weak. Cool atmosphere but beer selection is wack. Went there and all the local beers were gone. LA brewery company with no LA brews???? Doesn't make sense to me either lol."
- " Lures you in with the promise of 15% off, good food and great ambience, then you get there and find out they lied about the discount, food is typical bar food, and it's empty for the most part or too damn loud to hear yourself think when its busy....You know the bathrooms are bad when your own shoes don't even want to flush the toilet."
- "Even after gaining unwanted fame on a bar rescue reality show, this bar falls short of everything. Menu, drink selection, staff and ambience belong in the confederate south. Its only a matter of time that rent and hipster reviews will give this bar a proper burial."
- "Bartenders were on the super-slow clueless tip. Not really sure what was up with them. They ignored half the bar customers waiting for drinks, not realizing who had been waiting and who just got there. Poor bartending IMO. C'mon now!"
- "This is the worst bar ever...The food sucks, the service sucks and the beer sucks.So disappointing."
- "We came here because of the name, thinking about BEER, well we were very disappointed they only have one of their own on tab, they won't take the 15% coupon that yelp offers, and on top of that any other craft beer is double the price!!! This is the first time I have ever paid 8 -9 dollars for a local beer!! They don't have a menu for drinks, so if you are concerned about the bill, I'll suggest you ask for prices before ordering."
- "I don't know if they're terribly understaffed, lazy, or just horrible at what they do, but the service was painfully slow, if they acknowledge you at all."
- " the worst part was, even though they listed about a ton of beers on draft, each one my husband asked for was unavailable. it got to the point that my husband just asked, "why don't you just tell me what you do have?"
- "Tons of beers on tap, every one I wanted was OUT. Had to ask for napkins and silverware, then the waiter just brought one roll up! The beer list consisted of a sloppily hand written, unorganized, no prices listed jumble on an envelope!!...Not wasting my time or money coming back here that's for sure!"
- "Two letters for the new LABC....BS. Food, service, atmosphere have all taken a dive. Don't bother trying to redeem 15% off by checking in as the new managers will not honor it. BOYCOTT!!!..Never coming here again"
- "First off, how are you a beer bar and don't have a flippin beer menu?...The wings sucked ass. Seriously?! How do you serve BLEEDING CHICKEN WINGS!!!! Yep, never the hell coming here again!! I advise you to stay the hell away!!!"
- "Oh, the most disappointing thing is their "Check-in and receive 15% off". You can't. Reason? They're actually not "LA Brewing Company" but "LA Brew Co" so the check-in offer doesn't work since it's a "different" company at the same address."
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in December of 2014.
- Here are two preview videos (Video 1 - Intro, Video 2 - Recon) of the episode from the Spike TV website.
- Here is the Los Angeles Brewing Company Facebook Page and Twitter. In all of the recent promotion photos, they are using the LABREWCO symbol designed by Bar Rescue.
- Here is the Los Angeles Brewing Company/LABrewCo website.
- There were too many negative reviews to post here, so if you are interested in reading through more, here are the Yelp Reviews.
- It looks like they are still having problems with properly cooking the food. Here is a picture of a bloody chicken wing from a Yelp review.
- Here is a negative Yelp review about owner Richard Ramos claiming he doesn't pay the employees and owns a Bentley.
- Here is Richard's Facebook page.
- Owner Richard Ramos also owns a company called Architectural Glazing Systems according to his LinkedIn. Here is the Facebook page for that company, which has pictures of Richard.
This is probably the most negatively reviewed bar I have seen after a Bar Rescue makeover and there are a ton of negative 1-star reviews. Some of the complaints include terrible service, terrible food, and being out of a lot of beers on tap. The bar also seemed to be doing a bait and switch with offering a 15% off deal on Yelp, then not honoring it because they changed names from Los Angeles Brewing Company to LA Brew Co., which angered a lot of people.
There also seems to be some things that do not add up with the owner. He supposedly drives a Bentley, owns another company, and filed for bankruptcy with another company in 2011. I am not sure how you can start two new companies and supposedly drive a Bentley after filing for bankruptcy, but I guess there is a way.
UPDATE - 3/25/2015 - LA Brew Co is already listed for sale - Link with more info.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.