|Photo - Second Base|
During the Second Base Bar and Grill re-rescue, Jon Taffer said he would put about $100,000 into the Second Base re-rescue, but only if the owner Terry was willing to put up some money of his own. Terry needed to put up about $30,000 of his own money for Jon to start the makeover, which he refused and said he could not come up with the money. So Jon walked out without making any changes. Here are some updates for Second Base Bar and Grill since Bar Rescue visited the first time.
There are a lot of bad reviews for Second Base on Yelp, which complain about fights, rude bartenders, and filth.
Other News and Links:
- Here is a preview video of the episode, and you can also watch the full episode before it airs on the Spike TV app.
- Here is the Second Base Bar and Grill website, which has a "As Seen On Bar Rescue" picture at the top.
- Here is the Second Base Facebook page which is kept up to date. Judging by all the recent photos, it appears that everybody from the show is still working there despite Jon suggesting they find other places to work.
- Here is the Second Base Twitter page and Instagram page
- As reported earlier on this site, there was a fatal shooting behind Second Base Bar and Grill in November of 2013.
- Jon Taffer will be doing a Taffer Talk on Twitter during this episode if you are interested.
- This is the second time Jon Taffer has walked out on a bar, with the other bar being O'Face.
Second Base Bar and Grill continues to get a lot of bad reviews and the shooting that happened outside the bar probably didn't help business either. It seems that Gary and the bartenders from the show all still work at the bar despite Jon suggesting they find somewhere else to work.
Whether Jon was actually going to re-rescue the bar or if they did all of this for TV is probably up for debate.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.