|Photo - Twitter|
During the Bar Rescue makeover, Packy's Pub was renamed to Campbell's Irish Pub, which is still an Irish themed bar. The bar seems to have kept the name. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Campbell's Irish Pub since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar:
Reviews since the makeover:
- "Bar rescue makeover made tavern much more comfortable. My wife likes going there too. Food is good and irish coffee, Guiness, etc is great. It is very comfortable with great bartender and nice customers."
- "Love this place and the new look is awesome!!"
- "Wow this place looks great. Let's just say not being a regular, but having been there enough times over the years to notice the overhaul it looks great. Its fresh. Congrats!!"
- "love the new look and the new food! cozy, welcoming, clean and reasonably priced. The openfaced Prawn Sandwich was wonderful and fresh! The Guiness Beef Stew was very good. I did miss potatoes, but that is ONLY my personal preference. The flavor was spot on. I had a cocktail that was just what I needed. Fruity, refreshing and dangerously delish! keep up the good work! i'm bringing my husband for a great bite of Pub Grub soon."
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover was in October 2014.
- Here is a preview video of the episode from the Spike TV website.
- Here is the Campbell's Irish Pub Facebook page, which is kept up-to-date, and here is their old Packy's Pub Facebook page in which they no longer update due to the name change.
- Here is the Campbell's Irish Pub website, which has their food and specialty cocktails.
- Here are the Facebook pages of Patrick (owner), Kelly (owner), Colleen (bartender) and Lisa
- Urban Milwaukee has a review of Campbell's Irish Pub, and despite the author not seeming to like Jon Taffer or Bar Rescue, he has positive things to say about Campbell's Irish Pub.
- Here is a Reddit thread discussing Bar Rescue at Packy's where people say they have great wings and a great Sunday Irish Breakfast which they hoped Bar Rescue didn't mess with.
- Here are a few Yelp reviews from before the makeover, which are mostly positive, and the filtered reviews also complement the Irish breakfast.
- Campbell's Irish Pub has said they love the new look of their bar. (Link)
- Jon Taffer has said that this makeover was one of his favorite remodels ever. (Link 1 and Link 2)
It seems that both Jon Taffer and the bar owners are very happy with this makeover and that the owners are sticking with the new name. The reviews of Campbell's Irish Pub since the makeover are pretty positive and even someone who wasn't a fan of Bar Rescue or Jon Taffer had positive things to say about the bar. Although the reviews of the bar before the makeover were not bad, it seems that everyone likes the bar better now.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.