During the Bar Rescue makeover, Dirty Rooster was renamed to Lake Marie Lodge. Since the makeover, the bar has kept the name of Lake Marie Lodge, however their Facebook page still has the name of the Dirty Rooster. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Lake Marie Lodge since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar:
- "Great Burgers. Super friendly staff."
- "Stopped in the bar this last weekend. Nothing to brag about . The actual bar and bar stools were nice. The floor looked nasty. The windows were super dirty. Service was slow and the place only had a few people in it. No real reason to ever stop back in"
- "Went there on Friday night to check it out. There were some camera guys shooting. Possibly some follow up shots? I had never been there before it got "rescued" so I don't have past to present comparisons. Agree with the bar stools being really comfortable. The service behind the bar was lame though. I asked what the new drink specials were and the bartender said they didn't have any. I was suprised by that since the show always puts together the new house drinks. My fiance said the womens bathroom was not finished either. Interested to see the show about it."
- "Yeah. It was the Dirty Rooster, but had a nasty dirty parking lot. So, we called it the dirty parking lot. THen, on a whim, went there after bar rescue... service? Terrible. Asked for drink specials, were told there was none. not offered menus. Asked about an advertised special drink, then told they didn't have the ingredients to make it. even got a long story about how the sign was screwed to the wall, and they couldn't take it down. So... My experience... Dirty Rooster ---> Dirty Parking Lot ---> Lake Marie Lodge ---> Empty Parking Lot. Won't go back."
Other News and Links:
- The makeover happened in September 2014.
- Here is a clip from tonight's episode of owner Rob acting obnoxious and Jon Taffer sending his experts in to say he wasn't going to help out.
- Here is the Lake Marie Lodge website that has a menu of food and drinks.
- Here is the old Dirty Rooster website.
- The bar was bought for $144,000 in 2011. (Link)
- Here is the Dirty Rooster Facebook page, which has not yet changed the name to Lake Marie Lodge.
- In June 2014, the Dirty Rooster got a violation for "permitting a battery and over serving" (Link)
- In October 2014, owner Rob filed for a "name change to Lake Marie Lodge and changes in ownership"
- In June of 2014, the bar was looking for "1 to 2 serious investors to get in on the next big thing."(Link) So it appears they may have found someone based upon the October filing.
- Dirty Rooster is on Restaurant.com offering discount gift certificates. (Link)
The reviews for Lake Marie Lodge complement the comfortable bar stools, but there are complaints about the cleanliness of the place and the bad service. It also sounds like they are not serving all of the special drinks installed by Bar Rescue.
With the bar filing for a name change in October of 2014 to change it to Lake Marie Lodge officially, it appears they will stick with the name. Also, in June (before Bar Rescue came), the bar was looking for 1 or 2 serious investors, and they apparently found someone in October as they filed for a change in ownership.
UPDATE - The bar closed at the end of 2015. More information on the closure.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.