During the Bar Rescue makeover, Jack's Ale House was renamed to Jack's Fire Dept., which has a firefighter theme. It appears that the bar goes by both names, or is simply referred to as Jack's. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Jack's Fire Dept. since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar:
Only 1 Review after the Makeover:
- "Went here last night w a group for a birthday. Service was terrible. Waitress was slow and it took 45 mins for a quesadilla and fries. A couple of times we has out drinks served to us with a few missing drinks. The crowd is a neighborhood crowd and rude to say the least. The makeover is cool but thats about it."
Other News and Link:
- Here are two preview videos of the episode from the Spike TV website.
- Here is the Jack's Facebook page which is kept up-to-date, and the Jack's website, which both still say Jack's Ale House.
- The bar was closed for a few days after the makeover to finish things up and to train staff. The bar also said it was an amazing experience. (Link)
- Brian McGowan was asked if he was happy with the makeover, which he replied, "We’re delighted with the work they did. They really turned the look of the place around. Look at the bar, that’s a vintage fire truck design. We’re very happy with the way the outside garden area has been transformed too.” (Link)
- From looking at the comments on an article right after the Bar Rescue makeover, and another article in 2012, it seems that the McGowans have a lot of people saying they are great people and that they hope the McGowans succeed.
It seems that Jack's has kept all of the changes to the bar done by Bar Rescue, and they also seem to have support from the local community who want to see them succeed. The only review had complaints about the service and crowd, but liked the makeover.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.