During the Bar Rescue makeover, Dale 1891 was renamed to Cayman Cove, and they have kept the new bar name. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Cayman Cove since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar (All reviews are post-Bar Rescue):
- "My dart league shoots here on Tuesdays and it was out turn at this establishment. The decor is nice and colorful. The staff seemed nice and friendly and quick on drinks....My friends all liked they're drinks and beer..Only complaint I had was the A/C it was to hot in there . they had the A/C going but the patio door wide open . so needless to say the A/C wasn't cooling off no one..All in all I like this place"
- "The best Friday night spot to be great DJ sink or swim till 1 am never any drama and it's a great mix crowd that everyone can enjoy...."
- "Sooooooo disappointed... Had such high expectations after Bar Rescue came through. Tried 3 items off the "new island style menu"... Steak skewers (microwaved meat on a stick) Devil crab that was straight out of a box and still frozen in the middle. But the capper was the jerk chicken. Seriously, dry and bitter! How do you make chicken bitter??? Bartender was same old rude guy that's been there forever. I hate writing negative reviews but this rescue was an epic fail. It sucks because the owner and his family are good people and I want them to succeed but the changes that needed to happen where the most glaring and stayed exactly the same."
- "It took a long while for the waitress to come over and get us menus and another wait to get our order. I would have been nice have been acknowledged sooner. My hubby ordered the new strawberry drink and it came without the sugar stick that was promised. When I ordered it later it did come with it. Why the inconsistency I don't know. I ordered the ginger beer drink and it was ok. The themed glass was cute though. While the new decor is great, the menu has been paired down to chicken skewers and the service that night was Meh. I hope they stay in business as the owners are really nice."
- "It's not a chain, It's a husband and a wife that work so much to give carrollwood a classy place, with great food and drinks. Always clean. You must Check it out.... Try Scott's getaway and jumping the shark, some of the great delicious new cocktails. Highly recommend!!!!!!"
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in December 2015.
- Here are two preview videos from the Spike TV website - Video 1, Video 2
- Here is the Cayman Cove Facebook Page which is kept up-to-date and still has the Dale 1891 URL.
- Here is the Cayman Cove website.
- Owners Howard and Gonen were listed on a chapter 11 bankruptcy filing in 2011 for Channelside Cinema (Link). The theater related to the filing closed in 2012 (Link).
- In June 2014, Scott Edelman was "arrested on charges that he stole more than $36,000 in sales tax he collected from customers, but failed to send to the state" (Link)
- In August 2015, Villagio Cinemas was temporarily shut down after an inspection uncovered 85+ roaches near food and bar areas. There were also 48 other violations (Link).
- Here are Yelp reviews for Villagio Cinemas if you are interested.
- A Tampa Bay Times article shortly after the makeover talks to Scott who says revenue was up 15 to 20 percent since the makeover and they are happy with the makeover.
Cayman Cove has kept the name given to them by Bar Rescue and they are happy with the makeover with revenue being up about 20 percent. There aren't too many reviews of the bar, but they are mixed with people complementing Scott and his wife and rooting for them to succeed.
With the owners filing for chapter 11 in the past and Scott being arrested due to unpaid sales tax to the state of Florida, it seems they have had some money issues. Also the movie theater failed an inspection a few months before Bar Rescue came for the makeover, so it should be interesting to see if there are cleanliness issues at the bar.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.