During the Bar Rescue makeover, Mac and Chester's Standing Room Only was renamed to Boulder Lodge Bar & Grill, and they have kept the new bar name. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Boulder Lodge Bar & Grill since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar (All reviews are post-Bar Rescue):
- "Very small menu.Burger was tasty. Bathrooms are a mess.Recent updates should have included them..... Overall a decent place to try if in Northern Anoka County...."
- "This place is much nicer since the updates but still nothing special. Menu is very limited. I had a burger and it was flavorless and forgettable. Several other places nearby have more variety and better food for the same price."
*Reviews from Yelp
Other News and Links:
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in October 2015.
- Here are two preview videos of the episode from the Spike TV website - Video 1, Video 2.
- Here is the Boulder Lodge website that also has a section dedicated to Bar Rescue.
- Here is the Boulder Lodge Bar & Grill Facebook Page which is kept up-to-date.
- Todd Chester seems to be involved in some shady business based on internet articles:
- In 2012, at a bar he was a manager at, he "suggested the bar run a fake benefit for a nonexistent sick baby or other false cause to generate more sales" (Link)
- In 2013, Todd Chester was accused of embezzlement by a Teamster's union. (Link)
- A lot of the employees/owners from the bar are tagged in this post on Facebook if you are interested in them.
- Todd and Elise seem happy about the makeover and thankful to Bar Rescue and Jon Taffer. (Link, Link 2)
- In a recent article about the makeover, Todd said he didn't shove out the biker crowd and still welcomes them and has special events for them. (Link) The article also says sales are about 35% higher than last year.
- Elise recently posted on Facebook:
"WITH ALL THE TALK ABOUT THE BAR RESCUE EPISODE, I WANT TO PUT A FEW THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE..IT'S T.V. AND WITH THAT BEING SAID, PART OF THE SHOW IS ABOUT "BIKERS" WE DID NOT WRITE THE SCRIPT, CHOOSE THE NAME OR EDIT THE FILM.. BUT IN RETURN Todd Chester AND I WERE BLESSED WITH A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY. SOMETHING THAT MAY MAKE SENSE TO SOME AND NOT TO OTHERS, MAY MAKE SOME UNCOMFORTABLE AND MAY MAKE OTHERS LAUGH... THOUGH I HAVE A TOUGH TIME LAUGHING AT MY UGLY CRY FACE.. I WANT THE "BIKER COMMUNITY" TO KNOW THIS ISN'T TO KEEP YOU AWAY, IT'S TO ENSURE YOU ARE NOT ONLY CUSTOMERS BUT OUR FRIENDS. WE WILL CONTINUE TO DO THE THINGS WE DO BECAUSE THAT'S WHO WE ARE. THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE'S SUPPORT. IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. AND WE WILL WATCH THE REST OF THE EPISODE ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE FOR THE FIRST TIME...SO CHEERS TO ANOTHER RIDING SEASON... XOOX"
- There is a Dirty Rotten Biker Fest at the bar on May 7, 2016 (Link).
Boulder Lodge Bar & Grill has kept the name of their bar since the Bar Rescue makeover and seem happy with the makeover with sales up about 35 percent. There are only a few reviews of the bar and those reviews are pretty average. The bar seems to still welcome bikers despite Bar Rescue portraying bikers as being a problem for the bar.