During the Bar Rescue makeover, Rippers Rock House was renamed to Tim Owens' Traveler's Tavern, and they have kept the new bar name. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Tim Owens' Traveler's Tavern since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar (All reviews are post-Bar Rescue):
- "We stopped in here to check the place out. The only reason I'm giving this place two stars is because our waitress was really fun and sweet. We had wings. They were bland to say the least. We tried five different flavors. Worst wings we ever had. The band was pretty good."
- "I went here cause I heard it was on Bar Rescue and thought that was awesome! The place had an awesome interior and the sound was great! I went on karaoke night and I'm sure Jon taffer set them up with an great sound system cause everyone sounded so good! Our waitress was super nice and friendly! Only thing I didn't like was the cocktails, so freaking strong, my drink just tasted like vodka and ice, so gross! Also someone had puked right on the floor at the bar by our table and that was not okay especially after we had just got our food brought to us."
- "Ive only been able to go one time but it was very good the wings are the best the people are very friendly and there are always fun events going on....I gave a 4 star instead of a 5 star because I feel they should open to more groups of people not just the rock and heavey metal music open for all kinds of music itll pull in more business. ..."
- "My first Bar Rescue bar! Now Tim Owens' Travelers' Tavern. The food was awesome and the new drinks were good. The staff was awesome, especially Diane thank you for taking such good care of us!"
- "Went for dinner for the first time since the bar rescue. Got the boneless garlic parm wings dry rub. The wings had no flavor at all and the waiter told me that's what you get with boneless wings. I guess I'll try something different next time. It's decorated kinda dark but it is a bar so that's to be expected I guess."
*Reviews from Yelp
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in August 2015.
- Here are two preview videos of the episode from the Spike TV website.
- Here is the Rippers Rock House website, which hasn't been updated with the new name.
- Here is the Tim Owens' Traveler's Tavern Facebook Page, which is kept up-to-date and has their live music events listed. Here is the old Rippers Rock House one, which has the same updates and now has the Tim Owens' Traveler's Tavern symbol.
- There is a viewing party for the show tonight and a ticket is needed to "have some food and drink, and laugh at Micah getting yelled at!" (Link)
- Tim "Ripper" Owens was the lead singer/front man of the famous metal band Judas Priest from 1996-2003.
- Owner Micah also owns a landscaping company called Impact Landscaping. (Link)
- Here are the Facebook pages of Micah and Tim.
- In a local article during the makeover, Tim was quoted saying, "In this day and age, even being open for two years is good. But we’ve never made any money. We’re gradually losing money, and people don’t see that. If people see one show going on, or a show on the weekend, they think, ‘You guys are doing really good.’ But they forget what happens Sunday to Thursday."
- Owner Micah posted on his Facebook page during the makeover that Jon Taffer "started his bar career managing rock venues and is a huge fan of Ripper." (Link)
- According to this article, Micah owns 60% and Tim owns 40%
- Tim is currently on tour in South America and the tour had 20 different dates scheduled (Link).
- A local article after the makeover said Bar Rescue tried to get rid of the impression everyone had that this was a metal bar. They also said Bar Rescue complemented the service and food and only made a few tweaks to their popular wings. The show also implemented a new cocktail menu. Co-owner Micah also said everyone on the crew was so nice.
The bar has kept the name of Tim Owens' Traveler's Tavern, and the reviews of the bar since the Bar Rescue visit have been mixed. Despite the bar focusing on wings, the reviews of the wings seem mixed with some people complementing them, while other people complaining about them. With Micah having a landscaping business and Tim still touring, it seems like this bar could be a hobby for both of them, but it doesn't mean that they aren't losing money on it.
UPDATE - In January 2016, $1,500 worth of beer was stolen from the bar when someone broke into a cooler at night. (Link)
UPDATE 8/23/2016 - Tim Owens' Travelers Tavern will close in September 2016 - More information on the closure.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.