During the Bar Rescue makeover, Park 77 was renamed to The Lister and it seems they have kept the name. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for The Lister since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar:
- "If you ever are looking for cheap drinks and a great time you should definitely check out the Lister Bar! It's the only bar around with a hookah lounge and lots of college students come through since it's right next to SF State. This is my stop whenever I come up to the city now!"
- "It's okay. I don't understand this whole "Bar Rescue". I liked Park 77 before. This bar tries to be fancy but fails big time. The only thing that is saving it is the price of the drinks. The new pictures are creepy. I miss the old pin up girls. They are better to look at than someone's face in memes."
- "Walking in, nothing really caught my eye. There seemed to be a few more tables to sit at (sadly the beer pong tables were gone) and some new (kinda creepy) artwork on the wall but other than that nothing really different from when I was there pre-remodel. I sat at the bar and asked the bartender for a grasshopper (I was feeling adventurous but couldn't locate any "signature cocktail" or even a drink menu). I was told that he didn't know the recipe but would look it up and see if he had the ingredients"
- "The space seems cleaner, and I like the seating arrangement, but that's where the positive review ends. The bartender didn't know the name of the wine she served me (isn't it on the label?). And despite there being several TVs (all tuned to sporting events), the bartender would not turn off the lame music videos that were on the large screen and turn on the volume for the game (was told it was bar policy to only turn on the volume for games during playoffs). Finally, there are creepy photo shopped versions of famous paintings and pictures all over the place with a guy in glasses inserted where the original subject would be. What!!!"
- "This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with bar service. The bartender was to drunk to remember a simple order, she forgot what she was doing a few times. Took forever to get a drink even with just a few people at the bar. And when I tried to close my tab I had to wait for about 15 minutes at an empty bar."
- "Wow this is the worst bar expirience I have had that didn't involve a toothless man trying to give me a life lesson. So there is no beer/cocktail list, and the taps aren't labeled. The bartenders are uneducated in beer styles and cocktails."
- "Filled with cigarette smoke, 30 beers on tap but no tap handles or list. I know they just remodeled so I will forgive them on the beer list, but priority one should have been getting rid of the cigarette smoke inside the bar."
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in January 2015 around the same time as the other San Francisco episodes that have already aired.
- Here are 2 preview videos of the episode from the Spike TV website - Video 1, Video 2
- The full episode has been available for a few weeks on the Spike TV app and on Amazon Video if you want to watch it before 9pm on Spike before it airs.
- Here is the old Park 77 website which is still active as they have drink specials for June. And here is a The Lister website which is just a menu.
- Here is the Park 77 Facebook page and The Lister Instagram - Both haven't posted anything since the end of January.
- Here are the most recent Yelp reviews if you want to look at more. It seems they are offering hookah now.
The Porno - I am sure this is why a lot of people are here, so it gets its own section.
- Jon Taffer said he was able to Google it and find it in 30 seconds, but I highly doubt that. It wasn't quite that easy to find.
- Yes, there was a porno shot there. Here is a Facebook Event for the porn shoot, which was December 20, 2012. A post on the event page had more details such as the site being called Public Disgrace and that everyone there had to sign waiver. Also, you can see who attended the event.
- Here is a 42-second preview video of the porno shot in Park 77 with pictures as well from the Public Disgrace website (Obviously NSFW). Notice at the end of the video it says production date is 12-20-2012, which matches up with the Facebook event.
- Here is a longer video (NSFW) of the porno, and you will see not only was it filmed on the couch, but also in the bathroom and on the bar.
- Here is another 4 minute video (NSFW) of the porno. In this one you can see Angelo behind the bar in a black and white checkered shirt.
- Finally another 2 minute video (NSFW) with Angelo reaching out to touch the porn star at about the 1 minute mark (pictured below).
The reviews of The Lister have been overwhelmingly negative since the Bar Rescue makeover with complaints about the service, the new pictures on the wall, and the lack of a beer/drink menu. They also haven't been active on social media and are failing to promote their bar. According to some Yelp reviews, it seems the bar will be offering hookah very soon.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.