During the Bar Rescue makeover, Plush Nightclub was renamed to Osteria Calabria. Since the makeover, the bar has somewhat kept the name as they refer to the bar as The OC, which is short for Osteria Calabria. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Osteria Calabria since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar:
- "Now Osteria Calabria. Good location. Pleasant, engaging staff. Small. Good value. Has potential. Per staff statements, they are still trying to pull the pieces together after the Bar Rescue....THE FOOD IS TERRIFIC AND THE PRICES ARE REASONABLE! Clearly, our experience was a result of staff errors/confusion - that is a shame. We may return in a few months hoping that staff is more capable."
- "I say this place doesn't last more than 6 months if they continue to have it manager and waited by people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing or the capacity to have enougj people on staff period....Also..... It had a stale smelling carpet and terrible decor with a black ceiling that looks like a nightclub or strip club."
- "Plush was a place we would visit about once per month, usually for a Kez Theater show and it was never outstanding, but the food was decent, the orders taken correctly by a really nice staff, and the drinks were pretty good. The decor was 'funky' but appropriate. What this place needed was a 'freshen up' of their look and a menu enhancement. Then came Bar Rescue...The mural looks like a 9th grade art project which got a grade of C-. The walls are dark and with a black ceiling, it's uh... cozy...The poor wait staff looks apologetic and I feel for them. Why? Because it looks like this place is doomed...Obviously we won't be back and from other comments from other patrons.... this bar/restaurant is in big trouble."
Other News and Links:
- Here are two preview videos on the Spike TV website. Also, all of the videos that are normally on the website after the episode airs are already on the Spike TV website if you want to see the reveal and more videos before the episode airs..
- Here is the Osteria Calabria Facebook Page, which is kept up-to-date.
- Here is the Osteria Calabria website and their food and drink menu.
- Here are the Facebook pages of Shari (Bruno's Ex-wife), Chris (bartender), and Lisa (bartender).
- In this post on Facebook, Osteria Calabria said that they did not apply to be on Bar Rescue, but that Bar Rescue called them to see if they wanted to be on the show.
- The reviews before the makeover were not too bad.
- Osteria Calabria thanked Bar Rescue and Jon Taffer for the makeover and new concept/look right before the reveal (Link).
- Osteria Calabria covered up the mural on the wall and posted a message on their Facebook saying, "No more giant penis on the back wall!!!" Below is the mural after Bar Rescue (left) and what it currently looks like (right).
- In October, the bar removed the marble tile bar top installed by Bar Rescue and went back to their old bar top with coins, bottle caps, etc. A Facebook picture of their bar top said, "Welcome back old friend.."
- The bar was referring to itself as The O.C. after the makeover, and they actually removed the sign installed by Bar Rescue (pictured below left) and created a new logo which says The OC. Bar + Bistro (right):
The reviews of Osteria Calabria are mixed since the Bar Rescue makeover and there were multiple complaints about the interior (mural, dark colors). The bar has rebranded as The OC Bar + Bistro, which somewhat keeps the name installed by Bar Rescue.
The reviews of Plush before the makeover were not that bad and the bar said that they actually didn't apply to be on the show, but Bar Rescue called them. I guess a free makeover and publicity was enough for the owners to agree to be on the show. Since the makeover, they have removed the bar top installed by Bar Rescue and have covered up the mural. I am sure the other features such as the POS system and new tap lines remain.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.