During the Bar Rescue makeover, Lickety Split was renamed to 2nd State Lounge and Alleged Bar & Pizza. It is a split concept, and the bottom floor is the Alleged Bar & Pizza, while the upstairs is the 2nd State Lounge (Pennsylvania was the 2nd state to join the union). It appears that the bar has recently dropped the Alleged Bar & Pizza name on the first floor and goes only by 2nd State Lounge. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for 2nd State Lounge/Alleged Bar & Pizza since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar:
- "We each ordered a "famous" peach Bellini which were lacking much alcohol but still delicious. We perused the menu, eyed up the pizza comparing it to slices past, and reminisced about what Lickety Split once was...Upon leaving we made our way down a dark alley to avoid the danger that is South Street on a late Saturday night....Taffer, I think you failed on this one. I give it a year."
- "My husband and I randomly found this gem today! And we are so glad we did! Cheesesteak and pizza was fabulous and our bartender/waitress (Coco?) was so kind and even helped us tourists find some good stores and must-sees in Philly! Will definitely be back!!!"
Other News and Links:
- Here are two preview videos of the episode on the Spike TV website.
- Here is an Alleged Bar website that has a menu and a 2nd State Lounge menu.
- Here is a Lickety Split Facebook page, and a 2nd State Lounge Facebook page, which is kept up to date.
- Here are the Facebook pages of Tom (owner), Laura (Tom's Daughter), Coco (bartender), and Ally (bartender)
- Laura had her baby boy in October.
- Tom shared a link of the preview videos and said, "Everyone needs to check this out, maybe a little over the top!" And followed up with, "How to make someone look like he is a buffoon!"
- In this post on Oct 29th, Tom said, "People really think reality TV is real it's just a show nothing is real! Please forget about what ya read! It was never about licketysplit it was about making a TV show nothing else!" He followed that up with, "They put a new top on over the old bar! They tell you what to say over and over again and if they don't like your answer they have you say it again! When the camera is off that's it! It over no talkie talkie! The big lie it's all about commercials!" He also said, "Oh I can be sued for a million dollars, for saying this!!!"
- In a September post on the 2nd State Lounge Facebook page, the bar claims they were lied to about the amount of money that would be put into the bar for Bar Rescue.
- An October post on the 2nd State Lounge Facebook page had a picture (pictured below) which said, "Thank you bar rescue for the not free storage and how neat upside down on its side and broken! You guys are the best! Go a head and sue me!" So apparently the show put the old stools in storage not so nicely, and the bar had to pay for the storage unit.
- Here is a Reddit thread of people talking about the bar, in which someone was at the grand opening.
- A recent story on Philly.com said, "Management stripped away the Alleged window decorations and restored the TV that blares ESPN. On the second floor, renamed 2nd State Lounge, drink specials are gone and comedy nights and music acts have been reinstituted."
Since the makeover, the bar has gotten rid of the Alleged Bar & Pizza name downstairs, and only goes by 2nd State Lounge. Tom doesn't seem too pleased with the makeover and has said not to believe that it is reality TV because he was coached with what to say and how to act. He also isn't happy with how the show dealt with his old furniture and dared the show to sue him for talking multiple times.
UPDATE - The bar closed sometime in middle to late 2015. They stopped posting on their Facebook page in July, and a Philly.com article from December 2015 says a new cafe/bar is opening in this location.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.