During the Bar Rescue makeover, Laguna Lounge was renamed to Tres Cuartos, which translates into three rooms. Three rooms make up the bar, and it seems that the bar has stuck with the name. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Tres Cuartos since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar:
There have been no reviews of Tres Cuartos since Bar Rescue came and did the makeover.
Other News and Links:
- Here are two preview videos of the episode from the Spike TV website.
- Here is the Tres Cuartos Facebook page, and website which is just a menu.
- I got an email saying that Tres Cuartos charges $6.95 for tostones, while there are a lot of Latin places around there that charge around $2 for them.
- Here is the Facebook pages of Ivan (owner) and Aida (mother/empanada maker) and Twitter page of Jeremiah (bartender/Ivan's son).
- Ivan is selling two pool tables on his Facebook page, so it appears he is keeping the Bar Rescue changes and not putting the pool tables back into the bar.
- Jeremiah credits Bar Rescue for "fixing things" between himself, his father, and brother. (Link)
- Ivan is known as DJ El Comandante (The commander) and Jon Taffer referred to him as "El Moron-te." A few weeks after the makeover, Ivan said business was up 30 percent. (Link)
- Comments on that article refer to the bar's bad reputation and refer to things such as bullet holes, fights and switchblades at the bar.
- Here is a local message board talking about the makeover, which talks about the noise, fights, and unruly crowds in the past. (Link)
- In 2011, there was an arrest at the bar after an unruly crowd had some disagreements with police officers (Link). A comment on that article said there are fights at the bar every week, but this one made the papers.
- In May of 2014 (3 months before the filming), Ivan's son Joshua was arrested and accused of being in possession of four pounds of marijuana and a handgun in Jersey City. (Link)
- Someone in the comments of the above article accuses the owner of Laguna Lounge of being a dealer and selling from his business.
There have been no reviews of Tres Cuartos since Bar Rescue came and did the makeover, but it seems that they have kept the name. The bar has quite the bad reputation from situations that have happened in the past at the bar and for the clientele that attends the bar. For the bar to succeed, they will need to clean up their image and try to avoid any more negative press. With Josh's arrest before the show, they may be hiring another bartender soon.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.