Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates of BARcode since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar.
- "Bar Rescue" came in and wrecked it, the former "R.G.'s". Renamed the "BARcode", tis now often empty but they are trying to recover. Still has a good staff."
- "No live music and the vibe is now history..... By the way, since the changeover the old RGs is looseing big time. It was popluar because of the live music on the weekends. Maybe they should have charged a small cover. People would have paid it. As for the food - it could have been a little better for sure."
- "I used to go to RG's (The Barcode) years ago, I know both the owners (nice guys if you get past the gruff exteriors) I am also a big fan of the show Bar Rescue, I heard about the stress test and went with a group of friends, and understood about the production aspect of everything that was going on..... It looked cleaned up and redone on first sight, but when you stopped to take a closer look it was all half assed and really just a cover up that could have been done by anyone. They didn't even bother to patch nail holes or remove staples from old posters and such, they just painted over it all.... The new bar stools in the dining area are uncomfortable, and the video game area is collecting dust because it is a SPORTS bar, gamers stay home and play the video games they already like with their friends....All and all I am disappointed in what Bar Rescue didn't do, as well as what they did half assed. I can't wait to see the show, and how good it will look on TV, knowing what a shoddy job they actually did on my friends bar...Bad form John Taffer, bad form."
- "A few weeks ago, "Bar Rescue" has been there. They eliminated the band stage and dance floor. Dancing is gone. On the stage, BR placed couches and in your face TV's. Supposedly some type of viewing pod where you and your friends can sit together watching any sporting event of your choice, or play video games together. 'Gonna draw in a younger crowd'. ~Sure it is....Additionally, there is a fee to use those pods.. BR did upgrade the the 3 pool tables, but otherwise cheap shoddy work seems to be their m.o.. Bar Rescue "claims" the new "BarCode", formerly RG's, will be booming after the the RG's rescue show airs on December 22nd.... Meanwhile, the once full parking lot on Thursdays and weekends is all but empty....Once 4 stars but now only 2 stars, I gave it three stars because of the nice staff."
Other News and Stories:
- The bar does not have a Facebook page, but both of the twins (Randy and Rick) are on Facebook.
- There is a Bar Rescue watch party at the bar tonight. Someone commented about being glad they never had the bacon there, which someone responded, "I did... and I can tell you for certain Bacon was not cooked on that..." That comment was referencing the preview of the episode, and the owner Randy liked that comment. So the bacon grease on the dirty pan may have been something that was added for drama.
- Jon Taffer is live tweeting during this episode on Twitter with the hashtag #TafferTalk. He has also been pumping up this episode as it is the season finale, and has been calling it the most explosive episode of the season. Side note - For some reason, Jon Taffer has recently blocked me on Twitter.
It sounds like people are not happy with the Bar Rescue makeover because it took away what they were used to, like the live music. People also do not like the video game area with the couches, which replaced the stage area of the bar.
Jon Taffer was probably going after a younger crowd with the changes, but it does not look like the changes are attracting more customers as people commented about empty parking lots and the bar being empty. It looks like the bar is sticking with the changes for now, but I could see them going back to their old ways based on feedback from customers.
UPDATE - The bar closed sometime in late 2016 and there is another bar that opened there in December 2016.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.