Let's take a look at some reviews and updates of The Bacon Bar since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar (all reviews are post Bar Rescue makeover):
- "I've gotta say I really love the concept of being able to pick my favorite beer and poor it myself! On top of that I enjoyed my beer with an order of Man Candy..... This will be a place I'll definitely stop by on future Vegas trips!"
- "I was there last night for the grand opening, cool place! They have a Self-Serve Beer Wall! You pay for a card with credits on it and you can pour your beer from one of 12 taps. I got a 40oz card. Conclustion: Beer and Bacon...who can argue with that?"
- "Bartenders (especially Barbie & Judy) are great and a lot of fun! The food is really good and love that the Pizzas are still the same."
- "Pour your own tap beer. Yes please. 60/40 bacon patty, oh yes"
- "Try the burger 80%beef 20% BACON!! Yummy and the Wedge Salad is good too"
- "I enjoy the beer and food, however the service is actually quite awful. More waitress maybe?? I waited over 20 minutes with an empty glass. Not good for business."
- "New name, new look, higher prices. Pizza and wings were good before, and they still are. Burgers and chicken Philly nothing special....Prices are inflated for a product that doesn't warrant it."
- "Been a long time customer of Kerry's continuing thru the new ownership.....as is the same with much of the clientele. I think what the Owners and these stupid "reality" shows have forgotten is that "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I hate the new name. I dislike the new decor. I don't like the new food prep. We all loved our old bar...and deposited our money there on a regular basis. Not now. It no longer feels like home"
- Here is the Bacon Bar menu. They kept a lot of the items from the Kerry's Sports Pub and added some bacon themed additions. They have no Facebook page that I am aware of.
- Here is a blog post that has a lot of pictures and a long review of the Bacon Bar. Shawna also had a review of last week's The End restaurant as well.
It sounds like a lot of people like the Bacon Bar as they have above average reviews. While other bars on the show usually have just a few reviews online after the makeover, the Bacon Bar had a good amount, which means a lot of people have gone to try it (Kerry's had 8 reviews since 2008 and Bacon Bar already has 16 reviews in a few months). It seems that people like the bacon burgers, the man candy, and the pour your own draft beer wall.
There were some complaints about service and the increased prices, but looking at the menu, nothing seems too expensive to me. Also, it seems that some of the regulars are upset that 'their' bar has changed, which happens a lot.
To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.