During the Bar Rescue makeover, Jon Taffer decided to change the name of YNot Sports Pub to The Forbidden Pub. The bar kept the name for some time but have reverted back to the name of YNot Sports Pub. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for YNot Sports Pub since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar (All reviews are post-Bar Rescue):
- "It's a solid sports pub, great for arena pre funk. The old bar is cool as ever. AJ was an awesome server who was busting her ass running all over."
- "Wow what a place the food was amazing and the decor was amazing John taffer did a amazing job please see aubyn she is a amazing bartender"
- "First time here after remodel. I like it so far. Good place to see a game or for karaoke. Recommendations shish fine cocktail and Bao Trio. Everett rising!!!"
- "Again, not sure what lane they're trying to drive in or what audience they're targeting, but I wasn't thrilled about our visit, but I didn't hate it either. I was feeling good from the beers earlier in the night, so maybe my judgement was off."
- "This place is like giving a bar to a bunch of people who don't care. I walked in late Saturday night and couldn't get served at the bar. Mostly because no one was tending bar. "
- "Recently, they have updated it into some sort of asian fusion theme and it totally doesn't fit the area. My husband, who absolutely loved hanging out at the Ynot, refuses to return since the changes. "
- "The wings and tots are shriveled mini versions of what real food should look like, there was a brief stint before "Rescue" where they had a legit food vendor, but alas, those days are gone, and this is crap!"
- "Service sucks, food was mediocre. It took 20 minutes to get a menu, another 15 to get water and then 30 for our food. The burger was very well done and my crispy Chicken was super dry! I'm standing at the bar trying to get my check and it's taking two waitresses and I'm on 5 minutes and counting."
- "Like everyone else, came here because I heard it was remodeled and on Bar Rescue. The drink "Forsaken Fruit" was DELICIOUS. The meat on my pulled pork sliders seemed dry and burnt. And my husbands burger was overcooked and dry. Envoirment is confusing. Asian fusion? Sports bar? Country music?"
- "First time here ever. Wanted to try after Bar Rescue but was shocked at the condition of the place. You are immediately struck when you first walk in - by the musty nasty smell coming from somewhere....This place is dumpy, divey, smells really bad, mediocre service, mediocre food. Can't imagine what it was like before but I would guess the same."
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in May 2016.
- This YNot bar has no relation to Y Not III (closed) from season 4 of Bar Rescue in Milwaukee.
- Here are two preview videos of the episode from the Spike TV website - Video 1, Video 2
- Here is the YNot Sports Pub & Grill Facebook Page and website.
- Here are the Facebook pages of Yvette (owner), Jon (owner), Alana (bartender), Aubyn (bartender).
- Right after Bar Rescue left, the bar posted this message:
"Hi everyone. I really need to get something off my chest so everyone understands whats going on.. we just went threw a dramatic change in 1 week. I believe its the best thing for us and everett. We were only a sports bar competing with all sports bars in everett ( because theres alot) i love the new name The Forbidden Pub... Why because we can now be more then just a sports bar. We still will be sports but also a nice place to come to for more then just pub food. .. were coming into a bar thats even brand new for us, we have so much to learn and organize in our new bar. All we want is to get organized, get our stuff back up, and make this our own for everyone to love as much as us. Its going to take some time to get it all together and perfect for all our customers.(new pos, put stuff back up, new employees trained to give 110% customer service!!! All i have ever wanted was a great bar,great staff,and customers who LOVE to come to our bar. So please bare with us threw our new venture we will get this perfected soon..... Thank you so much for your support "
- The goldfish races have been retired and the bar no longer has them. (Link)
- When Yvette posted a link to the Bar Rescue preview video, Alana responded, "Yvette your right it was humiliating . It makes me nauseous thinking about it. But I gotta face it head on, it definitely wasn't a fun experience at all. My family back home asks when is that show coming on. I change the subject fast. That's terrible. But I don't want them to watch it."
- In an August article, the owners said they have went back to the YNot name and they brought back menu items and re-installed the sports bar theme.
- In a recent article that interviewed Yvette, she said:
- She defended the name for months, but no one liked the name which is why they changed it back.
- They took Bar Rescue's advice and condensed the menu and kept some cocktails.
The bar has gone back to the name YNot Sports Pub and didn't keep the name of The Forbidden Pub. The reviews of the bar since the makeover are mostly negative with a lot of complaints about service. It seems like the bar liked what Bar Rescue did at first, but eventually decided to go back to their original theme. They added back a lot of sports memorabilia, but they added a little less decorations than they originally had.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Updates page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.