During the Bar Rescue makeover, Jon Taffer changed the name of City Bistro to The Beechwood and they have kept the name of the bar. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for The Beechwood since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar (All reviews are post-Bar Rescue):
- "Smoking bar... UGH Service was slow and the food was mediocre at best. There are SO many good bars & restaurants in the area, this is not one of them."
- "Wanted to check it out since Bar Rescue was recently here. Alas, at 1:30 on a Saturday afternoon the place was closed. And of course, you can't tell from the outside whether they're open or not so you have to park and get out to try the door. Ugh."
- "Stopped in tonight for a few beers. Bartender, Brittany, was super friendly. She was always right there with a refill as soon as I needed it. Can't wait to come back and try the food! I recommend everyone try this place out! Don't let bad reviews intimidate you!!!"
*Reviews from Yelp
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in November 2015. Other St. Louis episodes filmed at the same time already aired last season.
- Here are two preview videos of the episode from the Spike TV website - Video 1, Video 2.
- Here is The Beechwood Facebook page, which hasn't posted anything since December 2015. Bartenders have been checking in at the bar on Facebook recently, so it is still open,
- The bar does not have a working phone number that I could find. The numbers listed online for the bar were either disconnected or no one answered.
- Here are the Facebook pages of Tiffany (owner), Jennifer/JJ (bartender), Candle (bartender)
- A former employee of the bar filed a lawsuit against them claiming he was fired for contacting the city about the bar refilling premium bottles of liquor with cheap liquor. People commenting on the article about that seem to think the lawsuit is bogus. (Link)
- A December 2015 review of the bar after the makeover said it still needed a rescue and the beer tanks in the front window are not used. It also said the owner said she wouldn't do a show like Bar Rescue again.
- Owner Tiffany Hutchinson is also the owner of a used car lot that has had trouble with a scam that took customers money. According to the linked news story, the car lot also has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau (Link)
The bar has kept the name The Beechwood after Bar Rescue visited, but they do not have much of a presence online and they do not have a working phone number listed. There have only been a few reviews in the eight months since the makeover(and the few are negative), which doesn't seem to be a good sign. Owner Tiffany seems to be involved in some business disputes with The Beechwood as well as her used car lot which doesn't look too good for business. It doesn't appear that Tami was rehired, but without an online presence it is hard to confirm.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.