During the Bar Rescue makeover, Jon Taffer and the show decided to keep the name of The Bridge Lounge, but added "A Local's Bar" to the bar sign. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for The Bridge Lounge since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar (All reviews are post-Bar Rescue):
- A newly renovated bar from Bar Rescue. The inside feels clean for what I could see, half of the lights inside were off. With the lights being off, everyone was on one side of the small building. It seemed very crowded and I was confused as to why they were not turning the lights on so we could all spread out. The have 5-6 specialty cocktails that sound amazing! I definitely want to try each one. Very nautical theme, maps line the walls and there is even a large steering wheel inside!..Definitely a locals bar. There were all kinds of people inside enjoying the bar! ....Note!!! You CAN smoke inside and they DO NOT have a ventilator. The two ceiling fans they do have were off and about 80% of the bar was smoking. It was very off putting, I hope they eventually put in a ventilator.."
- "The best bartender ever! Lili.... So attentive and sweet. Involved everyone in conversation young and old. Lili made sure we all had drinks, and remembered our names and what we were drinking. WOW, what a hidden gem of a bar. Very small place, but very clean and quant. Clean bathrooms, only one for gals and guys, but for the size of the place it fits. Very nice! Karaoke too... "
- "great place to stop and unwind after a work day everyone makes you feel welcome great karaoke sound system way to go gary......"
- "Come on, what isn't there to love about this place...a friendly, local, family owned bar with great staff and great patrons. Been there several times (and I come up from Sarasota) and have had great times each time....check it out, you won't regret it one bit!!"
- "Don't waste your time. Still has the Smell of cigarette smoke, crowd that is better suited for a moose lodge, hot dog water food, and a staff that wasn't friendly at all. Far better options down the street"
- "As soon as we walked in, you could smell the smoke. Everyone we talked to said after they had one drink, they were out of there. We felt the same way. Don't know if they replaced the carpet but they obviously smoke in there. Very dark. Decorated very nicely but difficult to see well because of low lighting. Bartender was new and had little knowledge of remodel. Bathroom was dirty and needed work."
*Reviews from Google, Yelp, Facebook
Other News and Links:
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in December 2015.
- Here are three preview videos of the episode from the Spike TV website - Video 1, Video 2, Video 3.
- Here is The Bridge Lounge Facebook Page and they are having a viewing party for the episode.
- Here is the Facebook Page of co-owner Anna Cladakis.
- Crissy Cladakis sued her parents, Anna, and Manny in 2008 for $95,000 of owed management services. Crissy went three years without talking to the family because of this. She also filed for bankruptcy around 2011. Things were resolved out of court though and they obviously still talk (Link).
- John Daly and Anna Cladakis got engaged in 2014 after seven years together and Anna will be John's fifth wife. John met her through promotional activities with Hooters.
- A 2005 article says that Anna Cladakis had a baby with Outback founder Chris Sullivan. They reached a support settlement of $7,500 a month which amounts to $1.58 million by the time the child is 18. The article also stated Anna lived in a $510,400 home
- John Daly's estimated PGA career earnings are over $10 million (Link). In 2015, he claimed he had casino losses of around $55 million throughout his years (Link).
There was no name change, so obviously The Bridge Lounge kept the changes installed by Bar Rescue. The reviews of The Bridge Lounge are mostly positive with people liking the locals feel of the bar, however there are also complaints about the smoke inside of the bar. There weren't many reviews of the bar before the makeover, so it isn't clear if they were struggling. You would think with John Daly and Anna Cladakis' past, they would be able to support the bar, but maybe they were selected for Bar Rescue as they made an interesting story or Jon Taffer is a fan of John Daly.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.