During the Bar Rescue makeover, Molly Malone's was renamed to Way Point Saloon. They seem to have kept the name, but still use both names to refer to their bar. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Way Point Saloon/Molly Malone's since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar (All reviews are post-Bar Rescue):
- "Free pool on Sunday's should be free pool on both tables. I don't get it, they're actually loosing business because of this decision...I have witnessed people leave and have done so myself because of this! Since the beverage prices are so high you would think the second table being open wouldn't hurt the business. I'm not taking it out on any of the staff, they're are always friendly and professional....It's management that should look into this a little more! That's all for my rant now!!"
- "Formally known as Molly Malones, and recently bar rescued. The place did need a make over and a new fresh look. They succeeded there, but with a little constructive criticism the place will be pretty awesome. The prices for drinks are still a bit high so if you recently got a raise or a bonus at work you can afford it"
- "people here don't take kindly to strangers... went looking for something to do one evening, ended up being chased out by the douchebag "regulars." even bought one guy a beer, only to be turned on later for "talking like a fag." apparently i was using a lot of big words they didn't understand. nothing poor to say about the service & the staff, but the rednecks do keep a tight lid on it, so don't go in w/ any fancy vocabulary because they don't take kindly to strangers who "talk good"
- "First time we have been here. We were greeted by a friendly bar lady called Tara Tara told us that there is a choice of 23 beers including my two favourites Guiness and Bud! Great service! Cold bud draft and wifi! My husband and I ordered the club sandwich to share. Quick service with the sandwich and lots of it! One huge plus is lovely clean restrooms - both boys and girls! Lots of parking outside too! In my eyes lots going for this bar - call in! Highly recommended!"
- "They have live music at this joint which makes it instantly cool. It is the busier of the bars in Ramona and a cute place at that. Good space inside. Pool. A smoking area for the cancer stick suckers and they even serve pretty good food. I like this joint. People are friendly. The place is clean. They have drink specials and a dance floor."
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in April 2015
- Here is a preview video of the episode from the Spike TV website.
- Here is the Molly Malone's website. The domain name is still mollymalones.org, and the description of the bar says Molly's/Way Point Saloon.
- Here is a Way Point Saloon Facebook page that hasn't been updated since May.
- Here is a Molly Malone's Facebook page, which is kept up-to-date. The bar post pictures and events and tags the Way Point Saloon in these. However the page name still says Molly Malone's and recent posts still refer to the bar as Molly Malone's, such as this recent one from September. Despite this, it appears they still use both of the bar names and they haven't abandoned the Way Point Saloon name. Here is also the business version of the same Facebook page.
- If you are interested in the Facebook pages of the employees from the show, they are tagged in pretty much every post on the Molly Malone's page.
- A restaurant called Up The Hill Grill is right next to Waypoint Saloon and serves food to Waypoint Saloon according to their website. The Yelp reviews of Up The Hill Grill are very good and it just opened last year.
- The food inspections have been good with an A grade, and the Food Facility is labeled as "Molly Malone's/Up The Hill Grill/Way Point Saloon." So it appears it is the same owner for the restaurant and Way Point Saloon/Molly Malone's.
The bar has kept the name Way Point Saloon, although they still refer to themselves as Molly Malone's on Facebook, their website, and in some advertisements. The reviews of Way Point Saloon are mixed with people complementing the bartenders and the interior, but complaining about high prices. The restaurant Up The Hill Grill next to Waypoint Saloon(which serves their food) has the same owners appears to be pretty successful according to the Yelp reviews, and it just opened last year.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.