During the Bar Rescue makeover, Club Caribe was renamed to La Luz Ultra Lounge and they have kept the new name of the bar. Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for La Luz Ultra Lounge since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar (All reviews are post-Bar Rescue):
- "This place is ridiculously unorganized. Claiming to be an "18 & up club" , . We payed VIP ,unaware that "VIP" means being stuck behind a black rope in the back . Because we aren't all 21 we don't have access to hang out in the areas that our 21 year old friends are in. Small venue , lame service. Nice sound systems , seems like a cool place if you're 21."
- "Management is garbage. I agree with most bad reviews from experience. For a place located all the way out here...better off at a place with better reviews and closer to other options when service is bad. Owner is a true amature in customer service and ive seen his ghetto class in action with other customers."
- "Formerly known as Club Caribe, La Luz Ultra Lounge is the worst "nightclub" I've ever experienced. I brought my girlfriend here for her birthday, 20 dollar cover charge to see Meek Mill. 40 dollars for both to get in, and by 2 a.m., guess who never showed up? My shots of "Patron" were watered down tequila out of a patron bottle.....I spent 90 dollars and for one reason, to write this review and hope nobody goes here again. Everyone is deceiving. From the disgusting owner that lied to me when I had called before I went to the bartender and security. And can I mention the owner promised me the cover charge was 10 dollars? I hope this place burns down."
Other News and Links:
- The Bar Rescue makeover happened in May 2015.
- Here are two preview videos of the episode from the Spike TV website.
- Here is the La Luz Ultra Lounge Facebook page, and here is another Facebook page for La Luz Ultra Lounge. Both are kept up-to-date.
- Here is the old Caribe Night Club website, which has a link to redirect you to La Luz Ultra Lounge website. They are only open 2 nights a week, but serve lunch during the week. Their hours are Tuesday - Friday 11AM - 2PM and Friday - Saturday 7PM - 3AM. They have dance lessons at the bar on Wednesday nights too.
- Here is the owner Juan's Facebook Page which has a lot of La Luz advertisements.
- Here are some pictures of the interior posted by Juan after the makeover.
- Juan posted a preview video of the episode on his Facebook page, and someone commented, "Not real right? Because I know both of you and you love each other." Both Juan and his wife liked that comment.
- Here are more reviews of Club Caribe before the makeover, which a lot complain about customer service, management, and the cover charge.
- La Luz Ultra Lounge had a restaurant inspection in July 2015, in which there were a few minor violations found (one being "Vermin" - which could mean bugs) and they currently have an A rating. (Link)
- Christina is no longer at the bar due to her moving to New Jersey. (Link) Most of the employees from the episode are tagged in that post if you are interested.
- There was a homicide outside of the bar in 2010 according to this article. The article also states the parking lot was usually littered with condoms the morning after "ladies night" at the bar and that there are often late night arguments and altercations.
La Luz Ultra Lounge has kept the name given to them by Bar Rescue and seem pleased with the changes. The few reviews since the makeover are not too good with the complaints being about service, management, and the cover charge. Juan and his wife are still married, so some of the divorce drama could have been for the show. Christina is no longer at the bar as she moved to New Jersey.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.