Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates of KC's Bar since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar.
There have not been any reviews of KC's bar since Bar Rescue did the makeover, but there is plenty of info below.
Other News and Links:
|Photo - Facebook|
- KC's is a membership only bar that allows smoking inside of the bar. Here is their website, and the membership is only $10 per year (membership info). That is the lowest allowable membership fee by law, and here are the membership terms.
- Here are 2 video previews of the episode that show a raccoon in the bar and someone chewing a mozzarella stick for supposedly a minute. I highly doubt she chewed that bite for a minute straight.
- Here is the KC's Bar Facebook page and the Bar Rescue makeover happened in October.
- During the Bar Rescue makeover, the show made them enforce a dress code of no hats, no jeans, no cutoffs, no colors. This angered many of the regulars and they all hated the new name and feel of the place. Here are 145 comments worth of people complaining on their Facebook page, and here are another 69 comments complaining about the no jeans.
- In those comments, bartenders respond to some of the comments and pretty much say that they had no control over anything and that it would be back to the normal KC's soon. It seems like the new name Johnson County Line bar was changed back to KC's bar pretty much after Bar Rescue left.
- Here are some photos (one is to the right) from June 2013 of bartenders and patrons at KC's Bar holding a friendly raccoon in the bar. Perhaps someone has a pet raccoon and the footage was a setup? Or maybe they have just had a raccoon problem for a while.
- Here are the Facebook pages of the owner Bill, and the bartender Shawna. From them, a picture from the makeover with Jon Taffer and others in raccoon hats:
It sounds like the owners and regulars at KC's bar did not like the drastic makeover done by Bar Rescue and have gone back to the old name. They are still a membership only bar that allows smoking.
It also sounds like there was some manufactured drama as is usually the case with reality TV. This season may be more about Jon Taffer sound bites and other ridiculousness rather than the saving the bars.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.