|Photo - Facebook|
Let's take a look at some information, reviews, and updates of Brew U since Bar Rescue came and made all of the changes to the bar (note - all reviews are post Bar Rescue).
- "Not a great location but happy hour pretty much all day and great bar food! Try the grilled cheese or wings!"
- "Come check it out. Great food and awesome prices on beer and alcohol!"
- "My husband never got his food. He had to watch me eat dinner while the kitchen figured out how to fry a chicken sandwich. Meanwhile, there were customers yelling at each other across the dining area and a waitress with a baby. Horrible. John Taffer would be very upset to witness this incompetence."
- "Terrible service, mediocre food....."
Other News and Stories:
- The bar is going by its new name Brew U and keeps an up to date Facebook page. Also, here is the website Bar Rescue set up for them which is just a menu listing food and drinks.
- Brew U is throwing a Bar Rescue viewing party tonight at the bar, which is usually a good sign that they are satisfied with the changes.
- Someone on a Middle Tennessee State forum wrote: "Came by Brew U Saturday the 21st at lunch time...games on. Maybe six cars out front...suspect four were workers...Put a fork in them, they are done. I for one would be fearful of the freshness of any food at that place. That side of town is just not going to support a sit down restaurant."
- Jon Taffer will be live tweeting for this episode on Twitter using the hashtag #TafferTalk. Jon also sent a tweet out that said: "I'm so excited about this week's
#BarRescue that I'll be tweeting in real time to see your reactions! Don't miss it! INSANE!"
- The previews of the episode show someone throwing up from bad beer, black mold in the kitchen, and mushrooms growing in a walk-in.
I find it kind of odd that Bar Rescue chose to makeover two bars in the city of Murfreesboro, Tennessee, but the show seems to be making over multiple bars in each city they visit now, probably to reduce production costs. Maybe Brandi and Big Smo from MT Bottle will make an appearance?
It seems like Jon Taffer will be going after the college kids with this Bar Rescue due to the close proximity to Middle Tennessee State University and with the new name of Brew U. The few reviews seem to be mixed, however the recent pictures on the Brew U Facebook page seem like there are pretty good crowds there. We will have to see if this episode is actually "INSANE" or if Jon is just trying to get more people to watch. The success of this bar will most likely depend on the students of Middle Tennessee State.
Update from end of the show: Eight weeks after the relaunch.. Fairways was losing $7,000 each month...Now monthly sales at Brew U have climbed to $5,000. Kevin continues to call Richard. Richard has not returned his calls.
*To see how all of the bars from Bar Rescue are doing, go to the Bar Rescue Update page, and also Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter to stay up to date with all things involving Bar Rescue.